struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Download a Java ME application to mobile using StreamResult
Date Sun, 03 May 2009 18:12:56 GMT
Niklas Johansson wrote:
> I guess the link you sent is pointing to a similar way of doing it as I did. This
> is my reference: http://sheetalshundori.blogspot.com/2008/02/struts2-dynamic-file-download.html

Oh; the "interceptor" part in the class name made me think you were
trying to make an interceptor. Not sure where the "interceptor" part
comes from; it's a result class.

> The reason why I am doing like this is because I don't want it to be possible to
> download the file without entering some kind of "ordernumber". I.e. the file must be
> protected. The reason why I chosed this solution is simply because that is the solution
> I found while googleing.
>
> Is there perhaps a better way of doing this?

If you're trying to "protect" the file download then you just need to
create a form that verifies the rights of the user to access the file:
if they have access then use a normal stream result to send it to them.

The link you point to is solving a completely different problem, and
seems unnecessary since result parameters can be set from action properties.

Dave