struts-user mailing list archives

From mraible <m...@raibledesigns.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading AppFuse to Struts 2.1
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 15:10:48 GMT

mraible wrote:

> This weekend, I attempted to upgrade AppFuse to use Struts 2.1 (formerly
> using 2.0.11.1). I used the following instructions:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/S2WIKI/troubleshooting-guide-migrating-from-struts-20x-to-21x.html
>
> After completing all the steps, I was able to get everything to compile
> and start. However, the upgrade seems to have failed as the following
> issues still remain:
>
> 1. Users have to login for each page request.
> 2. Signup fails with the following error:
>
> WARN [btpool0-3] VisitorFieldValidator.warn(45) | The visited object is
> null, VisitorValidator will not be able to handle validation properly.
> Please make sure the visited object is not null for VisitorValidator to
> function properly
> WARN [btpool0-3] Dispatcher.warn(49) | Could not find action or result
> No result defined for action org.appfuse.webapp.action.SignupAction and
> result input
>
> If anyone has advice for how to fix these issues, I'd love to hear it. You
> can find the JIRA issue and patch I tried at:
>
> http://issues.appfuse.org/browse/APF-1130
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

I'm still trying to resolve this issue. The strange thing is my Struts
action *does* have an input defined.

        <action name="signup" class="signupAction">
            <result name="cancel" type="redirect">/</result>
            <result name="input">/WEB-INF/pages/signup.jsp</result>
            <result name="success" type="chain">saveSignup</result>
        </action>

Maybe this is caused by a difference b/w 2.0.x and 2.1.x and Spring with the
Convention plugin (vs. the Codebehind plugin)?

Thanks,

Matt