struts-user mailing list archives

From phillips1021 <bphill...@ku.edu>
Subject RE: Using Expression Language (EL) To Access ActionSupport Class Properties
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 19:48:50 GMT

Martin thank you for the reply.

Your idea:

<s:set name="roleIds" value="foo1,bar1"/>
<jsec:hasAnyRoles name="<s:property value="#roleIds" /></jsec:hasAnyRoles>

does not work with the JSecurity hasAnyRoles tag. The Struts 2 property tag
and OGNL expresson do not work when placed as the value for the name
attribute of the above tag.

Since I could not get a Struts 2 tag or OGNL expression to work for the name
attribute in the JSecurity hasAnyRoles tag, I used  expression language,
which did work.

I'm trying to determine if using EL to access a property of the
ActionSupport class is OK in Struts 2.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Bruce