struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Struts Action Issue
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 15:39:13 GMT

agree with Rommel
a FieldValidationInterceptor would accomplish this objective
http://struts.apache.org/2.0.14/docs/fieldexpression-validator.html
HINT place validation logic in expression validator e.g.
<param name="expression"><![CDATA[#myField <> '']]></param

Unless you're using Hibernate or iBatis (or any ORM which will create SQL Statements) I would
strongly suggest your DBA to place Triggers to validate Data inserts before pushing into DB..(Once
the aberrant character is in your DB there is no extracting)

I would also suggest incorporating jsp precompile jsp's into your build cycle to catch
any misconfigs in tld's
here is one courtesy of Glassfish
--assumes AS_INSTALL is set to GlassfishDefaultInstallationFolder
--assumes AS_JAVA is set to GlassfishJavaDefaultInstallationFolder
--assumes AS_ANT_LIB is set to GlassfishAntLibrary

@echo off
REM
REM Copyright 1997-2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
REM Use is subject to license terms.
REM
setlocal
call "%AS_INSTALL%\config\asenv.bat"
"%AS_JAVA%\bin\java" -cp "%AS_INSTALL%\lib\javaee.jar;%AS_INSTALL%\lib\appserv-ext.jar;%AS_INSTALL%\lib\appserv-rt.jar;%AS_ANT_LIB%\ant.jar;%AS_ANT_LIB%\ant-launcher.jar;%AS_INSTALL%\lib\appserv-jstl.jar;%AS_INSTALL%\lib\jsf-api.jar;%AS_INSTALL%\lib\jsf-impl.jar;%AS_JAVA%\lib\tools.jar;%AS_INSTALL%\lib"
org.apache.jasper.JspC -schemas "/schemas/" -dtds "/dtds/" %*
endlocal

Viel Gluck/Bon Chance/GoodLuck
Martin
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung / Note de déni et de confidentialité
responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.