struts-user mailing list archives

From Charlesmel Carino <charlesmel1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Designing application using Struts
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 18:54:56 GMT

Hope that gives you some details to start with.

Rommel

________________________________
From: Niklas Johansson <nic_soft@hotmail.com>
To: user@struts.apache.org
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2009 2:12:17 PM
Subject: Designing application using Struts

Hello,

I got some design questions when using Struts. If this is not the right place to post this
kind of questions please let me know and I can create a QuickTopic.

I am creating an application that contains several forms. Two of the forms belongs to two
different parts which can be considered seperate applications (e.g. one is kind of an incident
application). My plan is that I shall create these applications later as stand-alone applications.

I am thinking about how to best put this code together. Here is my thoughts:

Some high level requirements:
R1. I want to make it easy to use the forms at different place in the application.
R2. I want to make it easy to apply changes anywhere in the application as the application
evolves.

Thoughs about the design:
D1. Creat my own UI components for each form.
D2. Use parameterised Factory pattern for chosing which form to use. The actual  tag, or all
of them, for the chosen form should be returned in this case.

Is this a good way of doing it or are there better ways of doing it? Any suggestions is most
appreciated since I am totally new with Struts and I am trying to learn the nature of using
it.

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Niklas