struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Validation - Simple Theme
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:42:55 GMT
André Diniz wrote:
> How to validate my forms using simple theme?
>
> I can't see the message errors....
>
>  - - - x - - -
>
> I'd like to create my text fields side-by-side using ajax or xhtml themes,
> how can I do that? I have to customize a theme to do that? Oh my! How come?
> Minus bonus points for Struts...

As I said previously, you can do it manually by checking the field
errors map for a field name.

It's simply not possible to create a theme that will satisfy everybody.
Customizing a theme is a fairly trivial process for simple use cases
like the one you're describing.

If you want to create a new theme that you feel is more appropriate,
feel free to create a JIRA issue and a patch, maybe it will make it in
to a version of Struts. Or examine the CSS theme and see if that suits
your needs.

Dave