struts-user mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: how to achieve this with s:iterator tag
Date Sat, 25 Apr 2009 16:01:44 GMT
On Saturday 25 April 2009 10:20:43 am Bhaarat Sharma wrote:
> is there no way to overcome this drawback?
>
> do i have to change the way I am getting my results from the DB to suit the
> iterator tags drawback in this case?

You call it a drawback, I call it a feature... I don't know if I'd want to
have 3 'next()' calls for every one 'hasNext()' call. It might work now, but
you're asking for some maintainer after you to curse your name. This is likely
to introduce a problem later.

I assume you're doing this to change the display logic, maybe making 3 columns
instead of one, etc. I would look for a way to either 1) split into three
lists that you can cleanly iterate over 2) try to use HTML/CSS/JS/Whatever to
display what you want without introducing programming logic.

I would be interested to know why you want 3 VOs with each iteration, this
would probably help us to give you better advice.

-Wes

--

Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice