struts-user mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Struts 2 / Tiles 2 / Spring Security
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 11:12:26 GMT
2009/3/5 Mohan Radhakrishnan <radhakrishnan.mohan@gmail.com>:

>      Is Tiles still the most common approach to layout pages especially
> when you have a combination of Struts 2 / Tiles 2 / Spring Security ? What
> is the recommendation of the forum ?

I think that your question was not "well-formed" :-D
In fact you have to ask yourself: why do I need Struts 2/Tiles
2/Spring Security?
In particular, since I know the Tiles 2 part better, why did you
choose Tiles ? Have you got complicated pages, made of reusable
subpages? In this case it is a right choice.
If you have a fixed scheme of a page, in which only the central part
of the page changes, then probably you need SiteMesh, or use
SiteMesh+Tiles 2 together.

Ciao
Antonio