struts-user mailing list archives

From D...@holstein.com
Subject Re: To .action or not to .action.
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:24:35 GMT

I believe it's now the default behavior of struts 2.1.

We recently discovered, quite by accident, that we can cause our app
built on struts2 to NOT display ".action" on any of the URL's.  I'd
simply like to find out if this is an intended feature or a possible
defect?  The difference is in how we start off our interaction in the
browser.  If we use a URL like:

    http://localhost:8080/mysite/login.action

then all of the URL's in the site appear to be suffixed with ".action".
If, on the other hand, we use:

    http://localhost:8080/mysite/login

then none of the URL's are suffixed with ".action".

We're using Struts 2.1.6 with Tiles 2.0.4 - recently upgraded from some
prior versions.  We noticed this because our QE department's automated
testing software freaked out when it couldn't match URL's as it expected.

Thanks,
Dave

solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed.
 If you receive this e-mail in error please notify postmaster@holstein.com.