struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Using Anchor Component for creating custom anchor tag
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 19:38:08 GMT

Have you verified the Anchor Tag's 3 required parameters stack, request, response are initialised
properrly and non null before constructing the anchor tag
?
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
This message is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
we kindly ask you to  please inform the sender. Any unauthorised dissemination or copying
hereof is prohibited. This message serves for information purposes only and shall not have
any legally binding effect. Given that e-mails can easily be subject to manipulation, we can
not accept any liability for the content provided.

> Subject: Using Anchor Component for creating custom anchor tag
> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:15:29 +0000
> From: manoj.dhore@sword-soft.com
> To: user@struts.apache.org
>
> Hi,
>

>  I am trying to create a custom anchor component using
> org.apache.struts2.components.Anchor. This is done inside a custom
> component that I am creating.
>
> Method that initializes Anchor component is as follows :
>

>       private void createLink(String action, Containable item, Writer
> writer) {
>

>  Component a = createAnchor(action, item);
>
>        a.start(writer);
>
>        a.end(writer, item.getName());
>
>         }
>

> private Anchor createAnchor(String action, Containable item){
>
> Anchor a = new Anchor(stack, req, resp);
>
> a.setHref(action);
>
> return a;
>
> }
>
> However, if my code tries to create a link I get follwing error :
>

> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
>       at
> org.apache.struts2.components.UIBean.mergeTemplate(UIBean.java:549)
>
>       at
> org.apache.struts2.components.ClosingUIBean.start(ClosingUIBean.java:59)
>
>       at
> com.poc.struts2.component.FolderBrowserComponent.createLink(FolderBrowse
> rComponent.java:70)
>
>       at
> com.poc.struts2.component.FolderBrowserComponent.processItem(FolderBrows
> erComponent.java:116)
>
>       at
> com.poc.struts2.component.FolderBrowserComponent.start(FolderBrowserComp
> onent.java:58)
>
>       at
> org.apache.struts2.views.jsp.ComponentTagSupport.doStartTag(ComponentTag
> Support.java:53)
>
>       at
> org.apache.jsp.Folderbrowser_jsp._jspx_meth_bol_005ffolderbrowser_005f0(
> Folderbrowser_jsp.java:145)
>
>       at
> org.apache.jsp.Folderbrowser_jsp._jspService(Folderbrowser_jsp.java:90)
>
>       at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
>
>       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
>
>       at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
> va:374)
>
>       at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:342)
>
>       at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:267)
>
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
>

> Could you please guide me what is the problem with template ? Do I need
> to create a custom template or need to set a default template ?
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Regards,
>

> Manoj Dhore

> [...]

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for HotmailĀ®.