struts-user mailing list archives

From <yarongo...@msn.com>
Subject RE: Any way to have multi-line text to be retrieved by s:text?
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2009 14:45:34 GMT
Hey Pawel,

Thanks for getting back to me. I guess I wasn't really clear about what I
was hoping to achieve.

Say I have a large chunk of text (consisting of multiple paragraphs) that I
want to display in an HTML file.
Of course, the length of it may differ for different crowds, as well as the
content.
In the package.properties file, I'd be happy to see something like the
following (I believe this works with normal Java properties files):

My.Property=<p>My product is a great product. Ever since I started using
Struts it's only become better. \
	This is due to it's ease of use and performance. There is, of
course, one small problem.</p> \
package.properties since s:text only reads \
	the first line of my text</p> \

That's pretty much what I'm looking for -storing multi-line text in the
package.properties file itself (so as to make the file readable).
The formatting for HTML would be either in the text itself (as above), or
later be parsed somehow to add paragraphs, etc.

Thanks!
Yaron Golan