struts-user mailing list archives

From Robert Graf-Waczenski <...@lsoft.com>
Subject Re: breaking struts.xml
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 14:10:23 GMT
David C. Hicks wrote:
> It's just a resource on your classpath like any other.  Never done it,
> but you should be able to without any problem.
>

> sudhi123 wrote:
>> Hello ...
>>

>>   I am quite new to struts2
>>   I just want to know how to break struts.xml in to a module (jar).
>>
>>   Anybody has done this ...?
>>
>>  Thanks for your help in advance.

A bit more specific: In order to make your struts.xml available to the
framework, it must be in the root level of one of your classpath
entries. So, yes, you can place a struts.xml in a jar file, but if you
need multiple struts.xml files for several modules, then each must go
into its own private jar file and each of those must be in your classpath.

Robert