struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: s:textfield with value attribute
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 21:23:15 GMT
boraldo wrote:
> I thought that this attribute means only initial value, but when I submitted
> my form with validation errors, on the redisplayed form I saw again that
> value, not entered by me.
>
> What for this attribute then ? And how can I set just initial value for my
> form?

If there's a "value" attribute on the JSP page it's going to set the
value of the textfield every time the page is hit...

You can pre-set the action property's value and leave off the value
attribute altogether if you want, if that's what your requirements are.
There's no default way to know that you only want the value attribute to
be used *sometimes*.

Dave