struts-user mailing list archives

From benjamin haimerl <b-ski...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Need help using <html:link>
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 20:56:12 GMT
hmm but it works in my project ;)

here is my struts-config.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD
Struts Configuration 1.2//EN"
"http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-config_1_2.dtd">

<struts-config>
  <data-sources />
  <form-beans >
  </form-beans>

  <global-exceptions />
  <global-forwards />
  <action-mappings >
  <action path="/displaysearchpage"
  type="com.yourcompany.struts.action.DisplaySearchNameAction"
  parameter="methodtocall">
  <forward  name="batch" path="/testName.jsp">
  </forward>
 </action>
  </action-mappings>

  <message-resources
parameter="com.yourcompany.struts.ApplicationResources" />
</struts-config>

MyAction:

package com.yourcompany.struts.action;

import org.apache.struts.action.Action;
import org.apache.struts.action.ActionForward;

import com.yourcompany.struts.form.TestNameForm;

public class DisplaySearchNameAction extends Action {

    public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
            HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) {
        return mapping.findForward("batch");
    }

}

MyJSP:

<%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-html" prefix="html"%>
     <BR>
     <BR>
        link1
     <BR>
     <BR>
         link2

Generated HTML output:

     <BR>
     <BR>
     <BR>
     <BR>

(BTW: my context name is Test)

When i start this project
the index.jsp displays the 2 links,

clicking one of them leads me to:
 http://localhost:8080/Test/displaysearchpage.do

the action forwards to: /WebRoot/testName.jsp (next to the WEB-INF Folder)
this page will be loaded well ..

it should work...
becaus it does on my side ;)