struts-user mailing list archives

From Robert Graf-Waczenski <...@lsoft.com>
Subject Server-side equivalent of <s:action> tag?
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 14:09:21 GMT
Hi!

We need the ability to fetch the result of a Struts2 action on the
server, so that the response text is available as a String. With a
Struts1 action, we were able to utilize a RequestDispatcher for this
task. Due to Struts2 being served by a filter and not by a servlet, this
approach no longer works and gives HTTP 404. We had a brief look at the
source code of the ActionTag class (i.e. the one behind the <s:action>
tag) of the Struts2 view layer, but the code that actually fetches the
response and writes it to the client is too deeply buried, so maybe some
kind soul can give us a pointer on how to accomplish this with Struts2.

Any help and further pointers are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Robert