struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Getting Servlets and Struts 2.1.6 to work together?
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 19:16:56 GMT
Greg Lindholm wrote:
> I spent some time in the debugger and found out what 'really' changed was
> the default action extensions (struts.action.extension) changed from just
> 'action' to 'action' plus "" (no extension).  This was causing my "/status"
> request with no extension to be treated as an action.
>
> The old (2.0.11) struts default.properties had:
>     struts.action.extension=action
>
> The new (2.1.6) has:
>     struts.action.extension=action,,

I'm not quite sure why this happens here instead of in the Convention
plugin (or maybe it happens both places?) but I'm not convinced the
default setting is the correct place.

> So I still have the question of what is the 'correct' filter mapping for the
> struts filter?
>
> I found the FilterDispatcher javadocs which says:
> "IMPORTANT: this filter must be mapped to all requests. Unless you know
> exactly what you are doing, always map to this URL pattern: /* "

That recommendation still stands, AFAIK: most people probably aren't
running mixed systems, and unless they're paying enough attention to
realize that S2 relies on serving its own CSS/JavaScript/etc. via the
filter, they shouldn't change the mapping.

Dave