struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Struts 2 question about validation and forwarding
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 16:28:43 GMT
laredotornado wrote:
> I only want to forward if validation fails -- i.e. don't need to run the
> "execute" method.  But I don't know how to set that up in my
> struts-config.xml file (or some other file if that's what's needed).  How do
> I do that?

IIRC execute isn't executed on a validation failure; that's what the
"input" attribute is for, so S1 knows what to do via config w/o
programmer intervention.

If you're working outside of the framework defaults then you'll probably
need to do something manually, although if this is an application-wide
requirement something could probably be done with a custom request
processor.

Dave