struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Ruggles <a.rugg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Skinning, themeing with stuts 2.1.x and the convention plugin
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 14:51:47 GMT

Hi Pawel,

Thanks for your response.  What I'm looking for is a user selectable
skin/theme for the look and feel of a website.  One example would be a user
goes to /theme1/home/index and the jsp page for theme1 for home/index is
used to render the page.  If the user goes to /theme2/home/index a different
jsp page located in theme2 is used to render the page.    Both pages should
be backed by the same action bean.  I'm not tied to an url implementation, I
wouldn't mind storing the theme in a persistent storage or passed in as a
parameter as well.

So far the only kind of solutions I've seen for struts will not work with
the conventions plugin or they require sitemesh.  I'd prefer a more struts2
solution.

Thanks,
Adam