struts-user mailing list archives

From MassimoH <MassimoHei...@gmail.com>
Subject [S1]: Resource configuration. <message-resources parameter="one,two,three">
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 14:54:00 GMT

I'm maintaining a legacy Struts 1.1 application that defines multiple
resource (.properties) files per key in struts-config.xml using a
comma-delimited list like this:

<!-- Default key -->
<message-resources parameter="com.xyz.SomeResources,com.xyz.MoreResources"/>
<message-resources key="subProjectA"
parameter="com.projA.SomeResources,com.projA.MoreResources"/>

This has worked fine for years (all resource files get loaded), however
after I've redone the build to use Maven/Jetty, this breaks. Only the first
resource file gets loaded and all others get ignored.

Why would this comma-delimited list feature break? What could possibly be
causing this problem?

Please understand, as a project maintainer, I don't have rights to make
substantial changes to source code:
 - I can't combine separate resource files together
 - I can't assign each resource file to a unique key.
 - I can't upgrade to a newer Struts framework.