struts-user mailing list archives

From kool <mailme2ra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: servlet to struts MVC conversion mapping
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 10:29:12 GMT

kool wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have one servlet. now i have to convert the functionality of the servlet
> to struts mvc (writing an action class and daos). i am able to converted
> into servlet.
>
> now my problem is servlet is mapped in web.xml. now i dont know how to map
> the action(servlet converted into action) in the action-mapping. for
> struts url end with .do.
>
> Can any body give idea, what is the equivalent mapping of the action that
> the servlet has.
>
> Please give any example that a servelt convert into struts mvc.along with
> web.xml and struts-config.xml for mapping

Functionality i am able to convert into action class. but the mapping of the
servlet also converted into struts.

i have the following url to call.

projone+variable+"/?querystring"   variable is dynamically changing.

in servlet mapping i used as:
             <servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>OneServlet</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>/projone/*</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>

But i dont know how to map in struts to call the url:
projone+variable+"/?querystring"

Please help me.