struts-user mailing list archives

From k...@chalu.cz
Subject Re: Re: Struts Ajax Newbie
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 14:04:52 GMT
  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }Hi,
 about:
 >baseUrl: "http://127.0.0.1:8080/cars/FillCarModels",
 >Check that the action is valid, example if u are using Struts, the
 >FillCarModels need to be define like an action in the struts-config
 >file.
 yes, it is real URL, not to Struts action, but to servlet. It is
mapped in web.xml and xml is written into response object. When I put
it into separate browser window and add parameters
(http://127.0.0.1:8080/cars/FillCarModels?make=1), it works. Struts
actions are mapped only to *.action
 But in this servlet are debug messages, which are not in log and it
means that this servlet is not called :-(
 Other hints - yes to all with exception of
 > onCreate: initProgress,
 > onComplete: resetProgress,
 > onFailure: reportError,
 Jiri
 On Thu 05/03/09 12:54 , Mileidys Gonzalez Prieto
mileidys.gonzalez@i-frontier.net sent:
 Some of the reasons can be:
 Well... I will give u a list of some reasons:
 - baseUrl: "http://127.0.0.1:8080/cars/FillCarModels",
 Check that the action is valid, example if u are using Struts, the
 FillCarModels need to be define like an action in the struts-config
 file.
 > source: "make",
 Be sure that the source select has that value in the id.

 > onCreate: initProgress,
 > onComplete: resetProgress,
 > onFailure: reportError,
 Is those functions on your code? (javascript functions)

 > target: "model",
 The target select has model in the id.

 > parameters: "make={make}",
 > emptyOptionName: "Select model"
 > });
 Tell me if it's work...
 On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 10:36 +0100,  wrote:
> [...]
 >  baseUrl: "http://127.0.0.1:8080/cars/FillCarModels",
 >  source: "make",
 >  onCreate: initProgress,
 >  onComplete: resetProgress,
 >  onFailure: reportError,
 >  target: "model",
 >  parameters: "make={make}",
 >  emptyOptionName: "Select model"
 >  });
 >  then, form contains:
 >      Značka:
 >      --
 >      Škoda
 >      Hyunday
 >      Kia
 >      Toyota
 >  Model
 >      Select model
 >  Still not working ...
 >  On Tue 03/03/09 14:45 , Mileidys Gonzalez Prieto
 >  sent:
 >   baseUrl: "${contextPath}/FillCarModels",
 >  for me looks like the url is not the real url... can y send the
 > piece of
 >  code where u call the ajaxtags?
 >  On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 10:37 +0100,  [1] wrote:
 >  > BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;
 >  > }Hallo, it is not really for this forum, but thread is already
 > here.
 >  >  I have following problem with ajaxtags, described in ajaxtags
 > forum,
 >  > but maybe it is not visited often. For javascript sources and
 > function
 >  > - it is the same if it is included in html head or body.
 >  >  I have form in included tiles template, which has:
 >  >     ${pageContext.request.contextPath}
 >  >      Značka:
 >  >      --
 >  >      Škoda
 >  >      Hyunday
 >  >      Kia
 >  >      Toyota
 >  >      Select model
 >  >  ...
 >  >  /cars/FillCarModel returns XML file with models for make.
 >  >  But using this not works, base URL is not called (there is
some
 > log
 >  > messages, which are not in log). If I will use hard codded path
 >  > baseUrl, then init method of this servlet is called, but
neither
 >  > doGet or doPost.
 >  >  In html is generated to:
 >  >  new AjaxJspTag.Select(
 >  >  {
 >  >  baseUrl: "${contextPath}/FillCarModels",
 >  >  source: "make",
 >  >  onCreate: initProgress,
 >  >  onComplete: resetProgress,
 >  >  onFailure: reportError,
 >  >  target: "model",
 >  >  parameters: "make={make}",
 >  >  emptyOptionName: "Select model"
 >  >  });
 >  >  Where can be problem? looks that something is not initialized
 >
 >  >   Thanks, Jiri
 >  >  On Mon 02/03/09 02:47 , Mileidys Gonzalez Prieto
 >  >  [2] sent:
 >  >  Well, for to do actions like that in my code I'm using
AjaxTags.