struts-user mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: Getting Servlets and Struts 2.1.6 to work together?
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 23:35:28 GMT
On Tuesday 03 March 2009 14:31:36 Greg Lindholm wrote:
> Is this what you mean?
>
> 	<filter-mapping>
> 		<filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
> 		<url-pattern>*.action</url-pattern>
> 	</filter-mapping>
>
> I previously had it as <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern> based on all the books
> and examples I was able to find. So is there no reason to include
> everything in the filter?

I would also map /struts/*

I noticed today as well that struts was picking up an action I had defined,
even though I had no .action. I think I had seen it before intermittently, but
wasn't able to nail it down. Truthfully, I've been using conventions so long
that it strike me as odd at first. It was only because I was explicitly trying
to take it out of the equation for something I was working on that I noticed.

-Wes

--

Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice