struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Lister <alis...@MIT.EDU>
Subject Re: value truncated
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 21:18:04 GMT
This might not help you, but the simplest answer might be to avoid doing
escaping, replacing, etc... and just make the value of your options be
whatever unique identifier you have for that record in the db.  Then
when the user posts this value, you can look it up again in your
action.  If you don't have a unique identifier like that, use the index,
re-retrieve the list, and grab the item at the correct index.