struts-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Astle <timothy.as...@caris.com>
Subject Re: Writing a unit test that goes through result-types
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:42:53 GMT
Thanks for the tip Greg.  I quickly went through the debugger based on
the example here:
http://depressedprogrammer.wordpress.com/2007/06/18/unit-testing-struts-2-actions-spring-junit/

and I learned two things.

1.  execute() does call getSettings().  All that CRUD nonsense was me
not being sure it was actually calling the method I wanted because it
threw an exception upon execution.

2.  It looks like adding the following to the createAction(..) method
fixed my first problem.  I had an interceptor putting a variable on the
session, but no session was set, triggering a NullPointerException.

proxy.getInvocation().getInvocationContext().setSession(new HashMap());

Now I'm just running into a problem where the
TilesAccess.getContainer(servletContext) is returning a null.  This is
in the org.apache.struts2.views.tiles.TilesResult class.

    public void doExecute(String location, ActionInvocation invocation)
throws Exception {
        setLocation(location);

        ServletContext servletContext =
ServletActionContext.getServletContext();
        TilesContainer container = TilesAccess.getContainer(servletContext);

        HttpServletRequest request = ServletActionContext.getRequest();
        HttpServletResponse response = ServletActionContext.getResponse();

// fails because the container is null
        container.render(location, request, response);
    }

I will post my final results when I get that part figured out.  If
someone can offer a tip, I'd appreciate it.  I'm learning as I go here.

Tim