struts-user mailing list archives

From "Musachy Barroso" <musa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Design Question
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 15:49:56 GMT
Plugins are not that different than putting all those mappings,
classes, etc in the webapp. The limitations would be the same as the
S2 limitations (in theory at least).

musachy

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Dan Daly <dancdaly@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on an application that needs different sets of functionality based on where
it is installed.  The Struts 2 plugin mechanism looks like a perfect solution as it would
all us to write sets of plugins that we could install as needed.

> The upper bound on the number of plug-ins that might be shipped with any single installation
would be around 30-40.  Does this sound like a reasonable or am I pushing the envelope on
the use of plug-ins?