struts-user mailing list archives

From Andy <andrh...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Error Throwing With Struts 2 Tags
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 17:43:42 GMT

This would be a nice-to-have..

Patch would be to add a LOG.info() or throw an exception in org.apache.struts2.components.Property.start()..

> Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 16:23:40 -0500> From: newton.dave@yahoo.com> To: user@struts.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Error Throwing With Struts 2 Tags> > Timothy Orme wrote:> > <s:property
value="itemeCost" />> > > > But no value was displayed. This is because I should
have written:> > > > <s:property value="itemCost" />> > > >
As that was the bean property in my action. It's a simple fix, but, > > this took me
a bit to find it. What I'm wondering is if theres a way to > > have Struts 2 tags throw
errors [...]> > This has been brought up before; I'm not sure what the current status
of > any patches are, however.> > > Ideally, I'd like to have my JSP not even
compile if it hits a> > bad tag like this. Anyone know if this is possible?> >
I'm sure anything's possible, but not compiling the JSP is unlikely, for > the same reason
a Java class will still compile when using String values > in reflective/Spring-bean-ish
code, even if they're wrong.> > > As an alternative, anyone know of an eclipse plugin
that would point > > these mistakes out (maybe even through intellisense!)?> >