struts-user mailing list archives

From Andy <andrh...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Preventing duplicate form submissions
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2009 20:19:00 GMT

It looks like the TokenInterceptor uses session.  Is there a session-less approach?

One idea I had was to create a hash of the request params and then store it in a hidden field
and compare in the action class to determine if the request is a dup.  Maybe that's what the
TokenInterceptor is doing..

Andy

> Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 13:05:20 +0100
> From: nilsga@gmail.com
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Preventing duplicate form submissions
>
> Take a look at the TokenInterceptor [1].
>
> Nils-H
>
> [1] - http://struts.apache.org/2.0.14/docs/token-interceptor.html
>
> On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Andy <andrhahn@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I am looking for some best-practice advice for avoiding duplicate form submissions
in Struts2.  I recently created a form that accepts user input, however after submitting the
form the user may still refresh the page which resubmits the form.  This wasn't handled so
elegantly in Struts1 so I am hoping Struts2 might provide something better?