struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Incorrect Bean Injected
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 18:44:32 GMT

Tim-

http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.0.x/reference/beans.html#beans-factory-scopes

scope="prototype" would specify a single Bean would cover n number instances

HTH
Martin Gainty
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
within this transmission.

> Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:50:14 -0500
> From: torme@genome.med.harvard.edu
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Incorrect Bean Injected
>
> Yeah, I tried both "none" as well as "no" and neither had any effect.
>
> Relph,Brian wrote:
> > Did you try setting the value="none"?
> >

> > Brian Relph

/> <constant name="struts.objectFactory.spring.autoWire" value="type" />

> > And am now autowiring by type instead of name. However, does anyone know how to
turn off autowiring altogether?
> > I've seen a feature request for this, but it hasn't been filled yet. Has anyone
devised a workaround?

> > Thanks,
> > Tim Orme
> >
> > Timothy Orme wrote:
> >> This seems really strange to me, but I don't know the inner workings
> >> of struts enough to know if it's expected behavior.
> >>
> >> I'm using Struts 2.1.2 and spring 2.5.3
> >>
> >> I have a 2 service beans that have the same name, but depending on the
> >> action, one might be used instead of the other.
> >>

> >> <bean id="hibernateUserService"
> >> class="hibernate.service.impl.LoginUserServiceImpl">
> >> </bean>
> >>
> >> <bean id="sqlUserService"
> >> class="sql.service.impl.LoginUserServiceImpl">
> >> </bean>
> >>
> >> <bean id="submitQuoteAction" class="action.quotes.SubmitQuoteAction">
> >>     <property name="userService" ref="hibernateUserService" /> </bean>
> >>
> >> <bean id="registerUserAction" class="action.users.RegisterUserAction">
> >>     <property name="userService" ref="sqlUserService"/> </bean>
> >>
> >> So I have 2 beans, each serving a similar purpose, so named the same,
> >> but used in different actions.
> >>
> >> What happens is, at the webapp startup, I see the beans get injected
> >> into the actions fine. The types are correct, and the property is set.
> >> The server starts without any issues. However, whats strange is that
> >> when I try and go to either action I get a null pointer for the
> >> userService objects in both actions.
> >>
> >> I did notice though, that if I name one of the service beans to just
> >> "userService" instead of say, "hibernateUserService" then one of the
> >> actions will work correctly, while the other will fail saying that it
> >> cant cast sql.service.impl.LoginUserServiceImpl to
> >> hibernate.service.impl.LoginUserServiceImpl.
> >>
> >> It seems then that Struts is wiring the properties by bean name and
> >> overriding the beans that I have specified in my applicationContext.
> >> Does anyone know what would cause this or how to work around it?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Tim Orme

> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner
Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message
is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal,
or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use
of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee,
please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail
or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.