struts-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Finney" <fin...@ACM.org>
Subject RE: maven2 and new struts 2 project
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2009 18:55:23 GMT
Here is how I successfully maven2-ized my existing struts2 project:

I used the m2eclipse plugin to add maven to the project (m2 Maven/"Enable
Dependency Management" option on right click of project).

I followed this blog which contained struts2 information for using maven2
and struts2:

http://thedevelopercorner.blogspot.com/2007/06/build-struts-2-application-us
ing-maven.html
Key for me was adding to the pom.xml:

		<repository>
			<id>apache-repo</id>
			<name>Apache Repository</name>
			<url>

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository
			</url>
		</repository>

and

		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>
			<artifactId>struts2-core</artifactId>
			<version>2.0.14</version>
		</dependency>

eclipse: I had to change the Project Facet Java to use the compiler I wanted
it to use (6.0). The Facet gets changed to 1.4 by something Maven related.
(It may not be the "m2eclipse plug-in" specifically.)

After cleaning up the server, removing jars that maven handles now, and
redeploying, the struts2 app works again.  :)

To get displaytag in there for table/grid displays, I added the depdency as
indicated at http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/1.2/install.html :

		<dependency>
			<groupId>displaytag</groupId>
			<artifactId>displaytag</artifactId>
			<version>1.1.1</version>
		</dependency>

I hope the above information serves some people well.

--
Michael Finney - "Always Striving To Serve You Better Every Day"
finney@ACM.org