struts-user mailing list archives

From Andy Sykes <a.sy...@ucl.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Only call actions from certain forms
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2009 01:17:49 GMT
Actually, having an interceptor makes some sense in this case.

How can interceptors "short circuit" the stack and action to return a
result code? The ideal situation here would be that the "protector"
interceptor is above the validation interceptor, checks for the form
token, and chucks an error result code, protecting the validators from
null parameters and so on.

I can't see anything in the documentation about achieving this - the
ActionInvocation javadoc suggests that
ActionInvocation.setResultCode() will not short-circuit the stack, and
that the action's own result code will override the interceptor-set
result.

Andy.