struts-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Finney" <fin...@ACM.org>
Subject maven2 and new struts 2 project
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2009 04:27:49 GMT
Hello,

I was about to add to a small open source project of mine a maven dependency
to (Display tag library 1.2) http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/1.2/

When I tried to add this maven dependency, the eclipse/m2eclipse plug-in
decided to change my facet JDK settings down to JDK1.4 (facet="jst.java"
version="6.0" changed to "1.4")

I looked at the facets and decided it's worth it to start over with a new
maven2 project. I figured it may be easier since it is open source.

I read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/user@struts.apache.org/msg71548.html
how to create a struts2-archetype-starter. I want the equivalent of
struts2-blank.

I tried adding the remote catalog of
http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.0.14/m2-staging-repository . When I
try to verify the catalog, it says the catalog is empty.

What do I use for a struts2 2.0.x maven2 project?  Shall I just create a new
maven project, skip archetype selection, and ask it to create a war project
for me?

What do you recommend at this point?

Thanks,
Mike

--
Michael Finney - "Always Striving To Serve You Better Every Day"
finney@ACM.org