struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <d...@newfield.org>
Subject Re: Struts 2 session problem
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 06:38:21 GMT
andrhahn@hotmail.com wrote
> I agree with ya.  I have been doing something very similar with
> hidden fields in my app for some time.

If every request in your app is a POST, or if every link in your app is
javascript that causes a POST, that's fine.  I like using actual links,
though, which result in GETs, so the only way to include this token in
every link results in ugly, non-human-readable, likely not bookmarkable
URLs.  I work very hard to make sure that my apps have clean,
human-understandable urls, so I find this "solution" more of a problem
than the "one login session per http session" restriction.  I would also
find a site designed this way to be quite annoying to use, as I often
open multiple windows/tabs/etc. *expecting* them to be within the same
"conversation".

-Dale