struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: S2.1 - struts tags vs jstl expression language
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 20:09:31 GMT
Norris Shelton wrote:
> I assumed that I had to use the struts tags.  I noticed that my
 > older ${} worked for my objects.  Is there a compelling reason
 > to use the longer struts tags instead of JSTL EL?

Typing practice for the angle brackets?

The S2 request wrapper will map the EL requests to the OGNL stack. If
the value isn't found on the value stack it'll fall back to the normal
JEE lookup mechanism.

The only reason I can think of (barring performance, which I can't
imagine would be significant) would be if there was a name conflict
where an S2 action property might mask something in a JEE scope and you
want the JEE-scoped value.s

Dave