struts-user mailing list archives

From Emanuele Ghevre <emanuele.ghe...@gmail.com>
Subject Spring scope prototype and Struts Action
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 22:21:01 GMT
Hi folks!

Following the Struts 2 + Spring 2 + JPA + AJAX Tutorial
(http://struts.apache.org/2.0.14/docs/struts-2-spring-2-jpa-ajax.html)

I'm declaring my Spring bean HelloWorldAction with scope prototype and
then the action in struts.xml using the bean reference.

As far as the scope is prototype I'm expecting Spring to create a new
HelloWorldAction object "every time an object of that type is requested".
But during my Tomcat boot I can see Spring creating an HelloWorldAction
object. Is it normal? I thought this behaviour was only for singleton beans.

Thanks,

Emanuele