struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Getting an URL for an Action
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 17:23:52 GMT
Chris Pratt wrote:
> Strange?  I would have thought this was a fairly commonly needed feature

I've never needed to generate a URL from an action name within another
action across a half-dozen S2 apps--it can't be *that* common... I think
the most hackish thing I've done like that is to use an action name as a
dynamic result parameter for a "redirectAction" result type.

IMO actions should "never" generate a URL since they're supposed to be
decoupled from the underlying action access mechanism. What's your use
case that this solves?

Dave