struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Error Throwing With Struts 2 Tags
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 21:23:40 GMT
Timothy Orme wrote:
>     <s:property value="itemeCost" />
>
>     But no value was displayed. This is because I should have written:
>
>     <s:property value="itemCost" />
>
>     As that was the bean property in my action. It's a simple fix, but,
> this took me a bit to find it. What I'm wondering is if theres a way to
> have Struts 2 tags throw errors [...]

This has been brought up before; I'm not sure what the current status of
any patches are, however.

>  Ideally, I'd like to have my JSP not even compile if it hits a
> bad tag like this. Anyone know if this is possible?

I'm sure anything's possible, but not compiling the JSP is unlikely, for
the same reason a Java class will still compile when using String values
in reflective/Spring-bean-ish code, even if they're wrong.

>     As an alternative, anyone know of an eclipse plugin that would point
> these mistakes out (maybe even through intellisense!)?

Unlikely for the same reason.

Dave