struts-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Orme <to...@genome.med.harvard.edu>
Subject Error Throwing With Struts 2 Tags
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 20:55:41 GMT
Hello All,

	Maybe a silly question, but I've recently noticed that using struts 2 tags can be very problematic
when it comes to debugging. For instance, I recently wrote something like:

	<s:property value="itemeCost" />

	But no value was displayed. This is because I should have written:

	<s:property value="itemCost" />

	As that was the bean property in my action. It's a simple fix, but, this took me a bit to
find it. What I'm wondering is if theres a way to have Struts 2 tags throw errors instead
of just blowing
over typo's such as these. Ideally, I'd like to have my JSP not even compile if it hits a
bad tag like this. Anyone know if this is possible?
	As an alternative, anyone know of an eclipse plugin that would point these mistakes out (maybe
even through intellisense!)?

Thanks,
Tim