struts-user mailing list archives

From Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com>
Subject Re: Design Question
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 00:34:28 GMT
Perhaps take a look at the OSGi plugin as well... It's in beta, but
provides functionality such as deploying bundles of actions during
runtime.

http://cwiki.apache.org/S2PLUGINS/osgi-plugin.html

-Wes

On Tue, 2009-01-06 at 16:24 -0800, Dan Daly wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on an application that needs different sets of functionality based on where
it is installed.  The Struts 2 plugin mechanism looks like a perfect solution as it would
all us to write sets of plugins that we could install as needed.

> The upper bound on the number of plug-ins that might be shipped with any single installation
would be around 30-40.  Does this sound like a reasonable or am I pushing the envelope on
the use of plug-ins?