struts-user mailing list archives

From "Givler, Eric" <egiv...@state.pa.us>
Subject RE: Multiple Validation Options?
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 20:03:26 GMT
Doesn't the ValidatorActionForm provide a means of getting/setting the validation key to be
used (normally set to the mapping.getPath())?  If that's the case, can't you inject your own
key programmatically?
From: dancerjohn [winddancerjohn@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 11:08 AM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Multiple Validation Options?

I have a situation where we have a single code base and struts config files
that support multiple sites. I want to be able to do different validation on
each site. If I have a form A that has field a, I want to apply one set of
rules for web-site 123 and a different set of rules for web-site abc. How
would I do this?

I see that struts supports formsets but selection of the formset seems to be
solely by locale. Is there a way to use the formset framework and have my
code specify dynamically which formset to use?

I thought about overloading org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
John