struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Nice looking struts2 small app?
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2008 16:34:42 GMT

i agree the template selection is crucial to implementing RIA functionality
I would like to inquire if the REST route has any l/t implications (specifically with using
SOAP Client)
Are there specific ROR implementations you can suggest for this implementation?

Thanks/
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
within this transmission.

> Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 07:00:15 -0800
> From: newton.dave@yahoo.com
> Subject: Re: Nice looking struts2 small app?
> To: user@struts.apache.org
>
> --- On Sat, 12/6/08, Michael Finney wrote:
> > What is the easiest way to make a site look nice with struts 2 and
> > something like this http://www.oswd.org/design/preview/id/3686/
> > or some other design?
>
> What kind of information are you looking for?
>
> This is just my opinion, but I'd lean towards RoR/JRoR for a four-page CRUD-ish site.
That said, the Codebehind and REST plugins make quick S2 S2 sites pretty easy--the issue then
becomes one of templating (Tiles and SiteMesh both seem a bit heavy for four pages; sometimes
jsp:include is all one needs) and database integration.