struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JSP tags calling action directives
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 12:08:39 GMT
--- On Mon, 12/8/08, Raquel Pau Fernández wrote:
> I want to call services, but if I put the service in the
> action, at code level, the action must know(implicitly)
> what is the following content page.

IMO the action should always be responsible for what's available in the view, but that may
just be me.

I'm still not sure I like the idea of calling *action* code to get the data that you want,
though--I think it would be much cleaner to provide a mechanism for accessing service instances
in the JSP and skip the intermediate layer.

> I need to call an action code from a JSP page without
> becoming it an URL. I've not found that the framework
> could provide it because always calls an action that
> must be an URL.

Again, while I don't think this is a good idea, it'd be easy enough to use Codebehind and
the <s:action...> tag to do this, although there are a few potential "gotchas" with
the action tag.

> PD: Excuse me for my poor English.

It's better than mine ;)

Dave