struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JSP tags calling action directives
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2008 15:41:11 GMT
--- On Sun, 12/7/08, Raquel Pau Fernández wrote:
> I'm thinking about calling actions code (that perhaps they are not
> an URL and then they don't appear in the struts.xml) from JSP
> [...]
> For instance, in more than one page I could need the list
> of users in different formats (combobox, lists and so on)
> and perhaps I don't need to list them alone as an url
> 'userList.action'.
> [...]

I'm not entirely sure I understand where you're coming from.

The use-cases you describe sound like services. Service instances can be properties of actions,
thus exposed to the JSP. Arbitrary methods can be called on action properties already.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I just don't understand it or, so far, see a need for it.

Dave