struts-user mailing list archives

From "Carlos Luis Zúñiga Sibaja" <carlosluiszun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Important ActionContext.getContext().getSession() error
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:28:23 GMT
Having Map<String, String> does not affect whether the session is null or
not, it is just for the compiler to add type safety to the Map, and by the
way, the Session Map is String --> Serializable not String --> String.

You should probably implement the SessionAware (
http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11/struts2-core/apidocs/org/apache/struts2/interceptor/SessionAware.html)
interface in your action to gain access to the session instead of using
ActionContext.

Regards,

  Carlos Luis Zúñiga Sibaja
  carlosluiszuniga@gmail.com