struts-user mailing list archives

From Pablo Vázquez Blázquez <pvazq...@denodo.com>
Subject Re: Tabbed panel performance
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 11:51:23 GMT

> I don't recall the 0.4 dojo tabbed panel being particularly slow to
> render, other than the extreme initial page load while Dojo makes too
> many http requests.
>
> I can't think of any reason why it would get slower after a genuine
> page reload with the same content  (if it's reloading via ajax though,
> then there's a good reason).  The reload problem is not evident in the
> showcase: it's consistently unbearably slow for each reload at
> planetstruts.
It's loaded and reloaded via ajax...

> Dojo parses your html for widget markup, so it there's a lot of
> mark-up inside the tabs it's going to be slooowww (such as tables).

Yes, there is a lot of mark-up inside the tabs. I can accept the
slowness, but not the increasing each time I reload it (via ajax).

> Whenever I had a dojo problem I created a simplified page of html with
> just the one widget on it to isolate the cause.  You're putting
> yourself through unnecessary torture by not using a newer client-side
> library though.

Which client-side library do you recommend me? I have built a project
based on struts2 and dojo 0.4.x, so... changing this library would imply
a lot of re-factoring work, wouldn´t it?

Thank you for your response.