struts-user mailing list archives

From 928572663 <928572...@cox.net>
Subject Re: What are Pros and Cons for Struts 2?
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2008 13:37:04 GMT
Here are a few of the things that struts2 does better:

* OGNL syntax for accessing data in your webpages is much more elegant
* Web pages can access data in the Action class rather than only through
a form bean
* Action classes can serve up more than one form bean
* Form beans can be just POJO classes
* Supports java annotations
* Validation framework seems to be more robust
* struts tags are simpler to use and more internally consistent

Don't Likes:

* Documentation is scattered throughout the web (mailing list, external
websites), some of the formal docs are out of date or incomplete
* css xhtml theme still applies formatting such as align="right" where
it shouldn't
* <s:push> tag doesn't seem to work as expected when submitting form
data (values don't update the POJO)
* subtiles cannot contain form fields w/o causing null pointer exceptions

-John