struts-user mailing list archives

From "Rajil" <ra...@appliedcommerce.com>
Subject RE: Problem is using struts 1.2.9 validator
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:58:31 GMT
Hi;

You first make sure that it doesn't throw any error.

Have you checked for errors in your log files?  Check your standard-out and
standard-error files. And let us know the errors if any.

If you don't find any error in those log files.  Then use following steps:

1. Remove all the code from your JSP and write only some text like
"abcdefddaadd".
2. Try to run this jsp.
3. If the jsp runs successfully. i.e. if it displays the text you written
""abcdefddaadd", then it concludes that there is some error in your jsp
file.
4. Now, you add some of code and run, perform this iteration until you find
the location of error prone code in your JSP file.

-----Original Message-----
From: UITOT [mailto:nehaagrawal30@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 2:52 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Problem is using struts 1.2.9 validator

Hello Experts ,
                    I am facing one very strange problem in struts 1.2.9
validator. I have used validator in almost all JSPs of my project but it is
giving error only for one particular JSP , rest are working fine. As soon as
I add an entry for that jsp in validator.xml that form doesn't get loaded at
all.It means that problem is not that whether the struts validator is
working or not ... problem is I can't see that JSP at all.It doesn't get
loaded. That jsp is very big almost 1000 lines.So I can't paste the code
here.Can anyone tell me what could be the reason for this strange
problem.Many Thanx in advance.Any help is highly appreciated.

http://www.eset.com