struts-user mailing list archives

From "Rajil" <ra...@appliedcommerce.com>
Subject JasperCompiler problem
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:26:31 GMT
Hi All;

I am facing problem while compiling JasperReport.

I have project running under jdk1.4 and jasper-0.5 and tomcat4.1.  I am able
to compile all report under this environment and running well.

I want to migrate this project to jdk1.5.  Now the problem is i am not able
to compile my reports in jdk1.5 and tomcat5.5 environment.

I have written some user defined classes like DbUtil, JasperParameters and
SimpleNumberFormat to use in jrxml files. Not when i compile my project it
compiles all the classes.  But when i run "ant jasper" to compile all jrxml
files to jasper it gives me error like

 [java] file name: SummaryContributionAnalysis.xml
 [java] 1 error

 [java]  jasper compile for: SummaryContributionAnalysis.xml
 [java]     at
net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstra
ctCompiler.java:193)
 [java]     at
net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReport(JasperCompile
Manager.java:219)
 [java]     at
net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperC
ompileManager.java:135)
 [java]     at
net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperC
ompileManager.java:94)
 [java]     at
com.applied.fincrm.utils.JasperCompiler.main(JasperCompiler.java:155)
 [java] net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Errors were encountered
when compiling report expressions class file:
 [java]
C:workfincrmNewSummaryContributionAnalysis_1227504311234_289722.java:253:
cannot access com.applied.fincrm.utils.Ja
ChartFactory
 [java] bad class file:
C:\Tomcat5.5\webapps\fincrm\WEB-INF\classes\com\applied\fincrm\utils\JasperC
hartFactory.class
 [java] class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0
 [java] Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of
the classpath.
 [java]                 value =
(net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRenderable)((new
net.sf.jasperreports.renderers.JCommonDrawabl
derer
(com.applied.fincrm.utils.JasperChartFactory.createVerticalBarChart("", "",
"Contribution", ((org.jfree.data.category.De
tCategoryDataset)variable_ChartContribution.getValue()),
true,false,false))));//$JR_EXPR_ID=20$
 [java]
                               ^
 [java] 1 error

The class JasperChartFactory contains method used to create chart and being
reffered from jrxml file.  All these classes are compiled under jdk1.5.

Also, I am able to compile some of the reports.  But it is not compiling
reports having reference to compiled class as shown in above error as above
JapserChartFactory class.

Can anybody say what would be the issue?  how can i compile these reports to
run under jdk1.5 and tomcat5.5??

regards,

Rajil Davda