struts-user mailing list archives

From "Richa Pandharikar" <richa.pandhari...@tdktech.com>
Subject RE: Couple of validation questions.
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:49:09 GMT
Can you please send the validation.xml file that you are using?

-----Original Message-----
From: David C. Hicks [mailto:dhicks@i-hicks.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 3:56 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Couple of validation questions.

1) Validating numeric fields.
I have a couple of numeric fields on a form, and I have configured the
"required" validator for them.  If I leave the fields blank and submit
the form, there is no error.  Instead, the fields end up with values of
0, each.  Either there is no validation taking place, or the fact that
the Integer fields that receive the input have a value of 0 when there
is no input causes the validation to be incorrect.  Thoughts?

2) Validating drop-down selections.
Is there a predefined validation that checks to make sure that some
selection has been made?

Thanks,
David