struts-user mailing list archives

From "Paweł Wielgus" <poulw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Authentication from Apache -> tomcat
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 09:48:28 GMT
Hi Kavita,
cookies are only valid inside one domain and scheme.
So instant solution is to provide some kind of token passed along with
this <a link> to tomcat. Then in tomcat ask RoR by webservice or
something else if this token is valid and automaticly create session
for incoming user.

Or use same domain and scheme.

Best greetings,
Paweł Wielgus.

2008/10/24 Kavita Mehta <Kavita.Mehta@hsc.com>:
> Hi,
> I have a struts application on Tomcat which is linked by a Ruby on Rails
> application on Apache through <a href> tag .
>  My problem is that
> -- when the user logs in to Rails application (on Apache server), he gets
> authenticated and a cookie is stored .
>
> -- The user clicks on the link to struts application and is directed to
> the application on Tomcat
>
> -- when I try to authenticate the user on struts application, I can't
> access the cookie initially set by the Rails application .
>

> Pls help if anyone has any pointers on this .
>

> Thanks ,
> Kavita

> This message and/or attachment(s) contained here are confidential, proprietary to HUGHES
SYSTIQUE and its customers.