struts-user mailing list archives

From Manos Batsis <manos_li...@geekologue.com>
Subject Re: S2: Loading UTF-8 Resource Bundles
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 19:29:28 GMT
egetchell wrote:
> I am presently integrating internationalized UTF-8 resource bundles that
> contain multi-byte characters.  I am familiar with the pre-JDK 6 constraints
> of UTF-8 resource bundles – either implement your own loader or convert the
> bundles to Unicode.

Don't you mean ASCII?

AFAIK resource bundles are loaded using the default platform encoding.
Using native2ascii binary either directly or through your build
tasks/goals gives the expected results pretty much anywhere.

Custom "resource bundle loaders" where there in S1 but, unfortunately,
i'm clueless on S2.

hth,

Manos